Saturday, November 7, 2009

Clean what you have messed up

Yesterday, some construction work was going on in the house with which we share the common wall but it is at the back side of our house. When it was almost 5:30 in the evening, somebody rang the bell of our door from the backside. We were wondered as only few people come from there as it is our private area. We opened the door and to our surprise there was a (mason)craftsman- a very ordinary and simple man, who was working in the construction of that house. We asked him the reason of coming to our house. His reply made me think a lot and taught me a great lesson as well. He said; he came to clean our house which became dirty during the construction work because of him. He was there in our house to clean the mess and the dust that came to our house due to construction which he was doing.............
I was really shocked to get such type of answer from him. He said, your house is dirty because of me so it is my duty to clean it. What a thought!!!!!!!! If he would have not come, we would never go to call him to clean the mess or we would never blame him for the mess as well. The smallest deed by him taught me a great lesson.
If I am the one who has made things dirty, messy or untidy, it is my responsibility to clean it, clear it or make it tidy. I think this applies to relations also. Some of our deeds, words or actions make our relations messy and we start blaming others for that. I learned from this small incident that if at all I have done something like that, it is only my sheer responsibility to bring it to the shape. If we start taking responsibilities, I think we can enjoy the sweetness in relations.
What a great Learning I had from an extra ordinary gesture of an ordinary man!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. nice thought and nice act of cleaning of soul and mind and body..

    ReplyDelete